Tuesday, June 9, 2009

art criticism --- " The persistence of the memory"




This amazing piece of art was painting by Salvador Dalí in 1931, this Spanish painter belong to the surreal movement. The surrealism is an artistic movement seek discover the truth using images to show emotions but with out a logic reasoning.
The first time I saw this painting was when I was investigating about the different artistic movement or tendencies so I look several art pieces from different artist. From the moment I saw it I fall in love of it. I like it for all the symbolism that it have, show the eternity of time, and that all the thing that we do left a marc in us. But what I love most of it is the different clocks melting in hour of the twilight and the sensation of being inside of a dreams, where the painter guide you inside his main, his thought and obsessions. Also for the fact that is a surreal panting, appeal to our subconsent and our own feelings.

3 comments:

  1. I like this painting. It always intrigue me. I think tha we can interpret it of a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, PLEase start typing your post in Microsoft WORD! You will catch a lot of your mistakes!

    Don't forget to switch to the past tense when appropriate:

    The first time I saw this painting was when I was investigating * the different artistic movement or tendencies,* so I *looked at* several art pieces from different artist. From the moment I saw it I *fell* in love of it.

    ReplyDelete